How To Make A Personalized Pennant Flag
Today, I will show you how to make a personalized pennant flag out of cardboard and fabric!
This personalized pennant flag took me 15 minutes to make and that includes cutting the letters. You should already have all the items needed for this project around the house.
You will only need FIVE items to make your own personalized pennant flag!
What you need:
- Yarn (string, rope or whichever you prefer).
- Hot glue gun
- A sharp scissor
- Two contrasting fabrics of your choice
- A cardboard piece (from cardboard boxes, cardboard poster, etc)
You could order these items or different ones off Amazon and use the cardboard package for the pennant flag!
- Start with drawing a pennant flag shape on the cardboard piece. Any size you want! Make sure it is big enough to fit the word you want.
- Cut the cardboard piece.
- Set the main fabric you want for the background on a clean surface and put the banner cardboard on top of the fabric and start tracing the banner on the fabric, but add ½-1 inch to all sides. That way, the fabric will be able to cover the edges. Hot glue the fabric to the banner, making sure to stretch the fabric to prevent creases.
- Now, it is time to personalize your pennant flag! You could find your favorite font online, type in a word you want, print it out and stencil it on the second fabric of your choice. I prefer to wing it and cut the letters without stenciling beforehand. I love how rough it looks! After you have completed cutting out the letters, use hot glue to attach them to the front of the pennant flag.
- Hot glue the yarn/string to the back of the banner.
- Lastly, cut another piece of the main fabric to the exact size of the banner and hot glue it to the back.
I used the rainbow washi tape to hang it up on the wall in Coral’s bedroom.
If you made a personalized pennant flag using my instructions, I would love to see the pictures! 😉
I also made this cute marbled salt dough ball garland to hang up in Coral’s bedroom!